Terms and Conditions
ctroads.org is operated by the Connecticut Department of Transportation (CTDOT). By accessing, using or downloading information, data, software, images or other materials from ctroads.org, or by sending information, data, software, images or other materials to ctroads.org, you are deemed to have read and agreed to abide by the following Terms and Conditions for each use and each visit of this website.
Unless otherwise stated, the services featured on this website are only available within Connecticut. Any and all advertising is intended solely for the Connecticut market. You are solely responsible for evaluating the fitness for a particular purpose of any content available through ctroads.org. Redistribution or republication of any part of ctroads.org or its content is prohibited, including by such methods as framing, other similar methods or by any other means, without the prior express written consent of CTDOT.
We use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer ctroads.org, track user’s movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information. Additionally, for systems administration, detecting usage patterns and troubleshooting purposes, our web servers automatically log standard access information including browser type, access times/open mail, URL requested, and referral URL. This information is maintained as confidential data and shall not be shared with third parties and is used only within the CTroads program for analytical purposes. Any individually identifiable information related to this data will never be used in any way different to that stated above without your explicit permission.
To contact the Web Master for queries, access the Contact Us link in the footer of ctroads.org.
Liability and Indemnity
By accessing ctroads.org, you acknowledge that any use of or reliance on this website or any content shall be at your sole risk. ctroads.org makes no representations or warranties of any kind regarding the website and/or the content found in the website, including, with respect to the information provided by third party links, all of which are provided on an "AS IS" basis. This website contains materials, data and information which is provided, posted or offered by third parties, including third party provided content, advertisements and user oriented content. You agree that your use of ctroads.org shall not result in any claim being filed against ctroads.org, CTDOT, its directors, officers, employees, agents and affiliates, with respect to any liability whatsoever that may be alleged to arise from any third party material, data or information provided for your use. Although CTDOT attempts to provide a high level of service, it does not warrant that the ctroads.org service will be uninterrupted, timely or error free. By using this service you hereby agree to indemnify CTDOT, its directors, officers, employees, agents and affiliates against any loss, damage or harm that you or anyone that you have either used the information for or provided the information to, has suffered in whatever manner or form, and regardless of howsoever the alleged loss, damage or harm is alleged to have been caused.
Copyright Notice – Copyright and other relevant intellectual property rights exist on all content relating to ctroads.org’s services and the full content of this website. ctroads.org, including all content, is protected by American and worldwide copyright laws and treaty provisions. You agree to comply with all copyright laws worldwide in your use of this website and to prevent any unauthorized use of the content.
Trademarks ™ – The CTDOT logo is a registered trademark. The transit agency names and logos used on this website are all trademarks of their respective owners. Such service names and logos may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part for any purpose, whether artistic, personal or commercial in nature. You are prohibited from using any trademarked material found within this site for any improper or illegal purpose and discovery of such an improper or illegal use may result in your IP address being permanently blocked and all access denied.
Reservation of Rights – ctroads.org’s services, methods and processes may be covered by one or more patents or other intellectual property rights, and are subject to trade secret and other proprietary rights. ctroads.org and CTDOT reserve all such rights.
Software – Any software, as well as any files or images generated by such software, code and data used or accessible through this website is the copyrighted work of CTroads. You may not attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up any part of this website.
ctroads.org may be used only for a lawful and appropriate purpose by individuals seeking consumer traveler information. Subject to these Terms and Conditions, CTDOT grants you access to view the content thereon, provided, however, that you may not, directly or indirectly:
- Remove, from any copy of the content, the copyright or other proprietary notices contained in the content;
- Sell, reproduce, modify or attempt to modify the content in any way or reproduce or publicly display, perform, or distribute or otherwise use the content for any personal, public or commercial purpose, including without limitation use of the content on any other website;
- Print or copy any of the HTML or other computer programs that are accessible at this website;
- Use this website in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair it;
- Interfere with the security of, or otherwise abuse, this website or any services, system resources, accounts, servers or networks connected to or accessible through this website or affiliated or linked websites;
- Disrupt or interfere with any other person's use of this website or affiliated or linked websites;
- Transmit on this website any materials that would negatively affect the functioning of it, including without limitation to, computer viruses, Trojan horses, worms or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files or computer programs, other similar kinds of activities or any acts that impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on this website's infrastructure;
- Use any robot, spider or other similar kind of automatic program or device, or manual process to monitor, copy, summarize, or otherwise extract information from this website; or
- Transmit on, to or from this website spam, chain letters, junk mail or any other type of unsolicited mass e-mail.
Links from ctroads.org
CTroads is only responsible for its own content and does not monitor or review the content of other third party websites which are linked to and from ctroads.org. Opinions expressed or material appearing on such websites is not necessarily shared or endorsed by CTDOT or ctroads.org, its directors, officers, employees, agents and affiliates and ctroads.org should not be regarded as the publisher of such opinions or material. Please be aware that ctroads.org is not responsible for the privacy practices, or content, of any third party websites. Users are encouraged to be aware when they leave ctroads.org through a third party link, to read the privacy statements of all third party websites. Each user should evaluate the security and trustworthiness of any third party website connected to ctroads.org or accessed through this website, before disclosing any personal information to such a site. CTDOT does not accept responsibility for, and shall not be held responsible for any loss or damage, regardless how it may have arisen and regardless of the kind or manner of the damages alleged to have occurred, howsoever caused, and alleged to have resulted from your disclosure to third parties of personal information.
Linking to ctroads.org
ctroads.org welcomes legitimate and secure links to its home page. If you want to link to this website, you may do so, provided you agree to the link conditions described below. By establishing a link to this website, you will be deemed to have agreed that your site was established for a legitimate purpose, is secure and does not constitute a threat to any CTroads user and that you will abide by the following Link Conditions:
- A link may be established to the following home page of this website: http://www.ctroads.org Links may not be established to any other pages on this website without ctroads.org’s prior written permission.
- You acknowledge that all of the content appearing on the ctroads.org Website pages and the "look and feel" of the Web Pages belong to ctroads.org and that you will not at any time directly or indirectly contest or infringe upon these rights by either attempting to imitate, copy or substitute the look and feel of ctroads.org with any third party website as an overlay or substitution for any ctroads.org page.
- If you link to this website, your website:
- May not create frames around any part of this website or use other techniques that alter the visual presentation of this website;
- May not imply that ctroads.org is endorsing you, your company’s products or services nor shall you imply or state that ctroads.org is endorsing any kind of political viewpoint, position, party, affiliation, group or organization and that your link will in no way include any references to or offer sales of liquor or drugs of any kind or type in violation of CTDOT’s rules and regulations or those of any affiliated transit agency's laws, rules and regulations.
- May not imply an affiliation between your company and ctroads.org without the prior written consent of CTDOT;
- May not misrepresent your relationship with ctroads.org or present false or misleading impressions about ctroads.org services; and
- May not contain materials that may be interpreted as distasteful or offensive and should be appropriate for all age groups;
- ctroads.org shall have no responsibility or liability for any content appearing on your website, which is a separate website and not part of the ctroads.org system;
- ctroads.org may at any time, in its sole discretion, immediately terminate your right to link to this website, with or without cause. If ctroads.org exercises this right, and gives you notice of such an action, you will immediately remove all links to this website; and
- ctroads.org may amend these Link Conditions at any time. You agree to abide by these Link Conditions and other legal terms and conditions on this website, as amended from time to time.
The laws of Connecticut and the United States govern these terms and conditions. By accessing the ctroads.org website and using the website services you consent to these terms and conditions and to the exclusive jurisdiction of either the Superior Court of Connecticut and/or the Federal District Courts located within Connecticut, USA, in all disputes arising out of such access. If any of these terms are deemed invalid or unenforceable for any reason (including, but not limited to the exclusions and limitations set out above), then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be severed from these terms and the remaining terms will continue to apply. Failure of ctroads.org to enforce any of the provisions set out in these Terms and Conditions and any Agreement, or failure to exercise any option to terminate, shall not be construed as waiver of such provisions and shall not affect the validity of these Terms and Conditions or of any Agreement or any part thereof, or the right thereafter to enforce each and every provision. These Terms and Conditions shall not be amended, modified, varied or supplemented except in writing and signed by duly authorized representative of CTDOT.
Changes to ctroads.org
CTDOT may terminate, change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of ctroads.org, including removing, adding, modifying or otherwise changing any features and/or content at any time without notice or liability. CTDOT reserves the right, but shall not be obligated, to correct any errors or omissions in any portion of ctroads.org at any time without notice to any ctroads.org user or third party linked to the website.
Changes to Terms and Conditions
ctroads.org reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions from time to time as it sees fit and the continued use of this website will signify acceptance of any adjustment to these terms. Accessing this website indicates a clear understanding, agreement to and acceptance, of the full set of Terms and Conditions contained herein.